Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hotel Sax: Chicago


My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Sax for 1 night while visiting Chicago...

Overall 4/5 stars in my book.

Pros:
*Great price due to the economy
*$42 parking was included from a deal on expedia.com
*Very nice aesthetics throughout the hotel, lobby, rooms, etc.
*Rooms were nice and stylish, comfortable beds
*Right next to the House of Blues, 10-Pin Bowling and Bin 36
*Their own Crimson Lounge is nice, though I'm not big on drinking
*Right by Michigan Ave.
*Right by Shaws Crabhouse where we had dinner (EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT place to eat)
*Interactive entertainment lounge with every current video game system hooked up to LCD/plasma tvs, including a rock band instrument set and BEER available...



Cons:
*We were given a double room, instead of one with a single bed that I booked (we were tired when we got in so we didn't care... I'm sure this could have been fixed).
*No baths in our standard room, just a shower, in case you cared or wanted to relax and have one.
*Kind of dim halls, I didn't know if this was meant for ambience or not.
*Interactive game room closes too early (though I'm sure my wife wouldn't want us playing video games on our hotel).
*Not much else to say honestly.

For an average guy like me, this is a very nice hotel, at a great location, at a good price.  I will definitely return here in the future, and recommend it to others, especially if you want to catch a show at the House of Blues right next door.  (Pic of the Interactive Game Room below).


Hotel Sax Chicago
333 N. Dearborn St.
Chicago, IL 60610

Customer Service:
312.245.0333

No response to “Hotel Sax: Chicago”

Leave a reply

 
© 2009 3 Cities.... All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz