Saturday, October 17, 2009

ZombieLand

So I just saw the movie ZOMBIELAND!

Great movie. Now don't get me wrong. It's a comedy/horror film. I won't have any spoilers, but I can let you know what type of movie to expect, and why I liked it.

Who I would recommend this film to: College Guys, anyone that enjoys guy-humor.  Those who probably won't like this: Most girls, anyone that is looking for a movie with any significant character development or a good plot/storyline

Simply put: Most people would probably say "its a stupid movie" because... it IS a stupid movie. But hey, if you like Starship Troopers like me (a clearly stupid but awesome movie) then you'll probably like this too.
But Starship Troopers is better because it's freaking Starship Troopers...

The movie is narrated by a main character that plays a role similar to Michael Cera in movies: the losery outcast nerd kid that lacks self-confidence and uses his wimpy nature for the sake of the movie's humor. For the most part they didn't try miserably to make some stupid crazy twist just for the sake of making it seem like a "good" movie, which makes I am happy about. They never really give you the impression there will be any major twists anyways.

This is a major overstatement but I could call it a "dream-come-true" zombie movie simply because it had a lot of elements I would want to include if I made a zombie movie. The movie is awesome because it is realistic in the way that "what I would do if I were him" type of movie scenes. I would break stuff if nobody cared. I would not try to be a hero if my friend was getting eaten by 20 zombies. That type of stuff.

This was not the BEST movie ever, but it was definitely a fun movie worth watching if it seems appealing. If you don't like this description, don't waste your time, 'cause you probably won't like it and think "it's stupid"... 'cause it is.

MK

One response to “ZombieLand”

VK said...

Awesome... I will try to go see this... what you described is what I suspected...

I am a sucker for zombie movies....

Yes...and Starship Troopers is better...because it's Starship Troopers!

A to da...K

Leave a reply

 
© 2009 3 Cities.... All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz